Saturday, September 27, 2008

Its hard to believe..

Its almost time for Jake to be home. A few more weeks! (give or take since we don't know exact dates yet) Well its starting to finally sink in that we really don't have all this time left to do this or get to that. So last night I realized I hadn't even ordered his welcome home banner yet. Last deployment the kids and I enjoyed making a homemade banner complete with handprints in paint. It turned out very cute but the first time it rained (Washington state) it was a mess, so this time I decided to order a nice sign from a website. I feel bad that the sign company gets to do all the creativity part but we'll make up for it in a few weeks when we make a few smaller signs to hang inside the house.
I can't wait to see that stinker. To wake up to him in the mornings, have dinner as a family again, you know, all the stuff you don't always appreciate until you don't have it. So we're officially counting down and I expect the next few weeks to feel like years.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Cute new layout on you blog! Very exciting month to count down until Jake is home!