Friday, February 22, 2008

Sickness and sleep deprivation!!

That was our house last night at around 1am when I had literally just drifted off to sleep from a long night of laundry folding when Rylee wakes me to tell me she feels sick. So we get up and go into the bathroom and do the inevitable waiting for it to all come and of course it does. Off and on for the next couple of hours. When she wasn't sick she was sleeping on the bathroom floor and when she wasn't sick I was working on getting Kenlee back to sleep. She must've sensed that something in the house wasn't quite right because she woke up a few times which is rare for her and so then I'd get her to sleep and lay down on the bed in her room because my room is on the 4th floor and I didn't want to be that far away from all the action. Then I would get Rylee tapping me again and asking me to come down with her again because she was going to be sick again. So its was very much a sleepless night for all of us except Keegan who was once again sleeping soundly UNDERNEATH the bed! (I have no idea) The next day we had the luxury of spending hours and hours at the doctors office waiting for the lab to get her results from throat culture swab to see if it was strep because Rylee had blisters on her throat. I don't remember how it is in civilian clinics but in military health clinics everything but shuts down from the hours of 11:30-13:00 for lunch. So finally, no strep so then of course what else but a prescription for tylenol and robitussin (which she has no cough) and something else I forget. More meds to add to my cupboards. Oh well its free I guess. So now we get to await the suspensful night of whether or not any of the other kids or myself will spend tonight being sick and once again sleep deprived! Stay tuned....

No comments: