Saturday, March 29, 2008

Lets go to the movies!

So we ventured out tonight and saw a movie. On post so no big deal. We actually saw "Horton Hears a Who" which was a suprise because they usually don't play movies over here until they're almost on DVD. So this was a treat and of course the theater was crowded but it was still worth it. And the really nice part is over here we only pay $4.50 adult and $2.25 per child. It makes it actually affordable to see a movie with the fam.
For those who don't know, when you see a movie at an on post theater, they play the national anthem on the screen before the movie starts and everyone stands. Throughout the anthem, it shows all kinds of clips of soldiers and families, flags, eagles, Mt Rushmore, you get the idea....So I must either really be missing my husband or I'm homesick because standing there watching the clips (which I've seen before) I got a little choked up. Oh who am I kidding, I get that way almost everytime it comes on, maybe just a little more this time. I love watching the people in the audience when we all stand. You can definately tell who the soldiers are because they stand in that perfect attention stance with their hands cuffed to their sides, like they teach them in basic training. Then theres my cute little Keegan who everytime it finishes, he salutes the screen. LOVE IT!!!
Ok so back to the movie, if you haven't gone, its cute. Especially towards the end. We all really enjoyed it. Now I'm home in time for Saturday Night Live!!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Horton wa such a cute movie! We took the kids witha neighbor and they all sat and even Callie did pretty good. I wish they would play the national anthem before the movies here. Maybe it would wake up some of the selfish blankity blanks that take everything for granted. I know how you feel about getting all choked up. It gets kinda embarassing how much I get weepy.