Thursday, March 6, 2008

Last Saturday


So its been hectic. Last Saturday we were hanging out at home cleaning up and doing the usual and I started to notice some red spots on Kenlee's face. Her eyelid above one eye was red and a little swollen. I thought maybe she had scratched herself while rubbing her eyes or something. Then I notice some small red marks around her mouth. It got worse and she had more red blotches on her face and her ears were beat red. So I open up her jammies and she had red blotches all over her body. Some areas were a little swollen but mostly just red all over. So I called the clinic and was on hold with the nurse line forever so I decided to call back and just schedule an appointment. When I called back it said the clinic was now closed. So after calling the 24 hour nurse line and finally speaking to someone they said to take her to the hospital. I was worried but atleast her breathing was normal. After going to the german hospital, they said they thought it might be a reaction to a small cold she had over a week ago. Hmm, I'm not sure about that one. It was already starting to go away in some areas when we got there. Wouldn't a rash or something from a cold last longer and maybe start earlier? One interesting thing is the night before Rylee had eaten peanut butter out of a bowl for a snack while laying on some blankets on the floor watching movies. Kenlee was on the same blankets when we started notcing the redness. So I'm wondering if maybe there was a little peanut butter on there or if maybe Rylee had given her a kiss and had a little of it left on her mouth or something and she had a reaction. Since then I've been trying to get a follow up appointment for her at the clinic here but of course they are booked.

The other interesting even on Saturday was when Keegan got his very first pair of glasses. Such a handsome little man. So far he's doing pretty well with keeping them on. He does better at school than he does at home. I catch him taking them off during movies and things like that but I think its because he likes to lay down and they get in the way. I'm hoping they will last. Man, kids glasses are just as expensive as adult ones. Even the cheapest pair over here was way spendy. I guess time will tell...

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Keegan does look handsome in those specs! Good luck keeping track of them. Chet's BFF is always looking for their son's glasses. Just when they give up and buy a new pair, the old ones appear.