Thursday, March 20, 2008

Looking forward to Utah!

As far as I'm concerned, April and May can just fly by! All of this "is it spring yet?" Seeing as how we haven't had hardly any snow this entire season and now its finally deciding to snow, um no. It had its chance! I say bring on the warmth! So I welcome May with open arms! The sooner times goes by, the sooner we will be going home for some much needed family time. A break for me also! I can't wait to be able to have the kids play with grandparents, cousins, whoever and say "is it ok if I go to the mall for an hour by myself?" The most alone time for me is when the kids are at school and its nap time for Kenlee. Of course thats when I'm trying to get in a shower or clean or read emails. Also I'm ready to be back in the states. I am so tired of doing the bulk of my shopping at the PX. Its slim pickings seeing as how everyone in Germany practically comes to this PX because its "the best?" Also soldiers from other countries are allowed to use our PX and german workers are also. So it gets pretty picked over. But the conversion rate for the euro is now .62 so hardly anyone is out on the economy lately. Mainly I'm ready to get to the states so that we can get that much needed family time that I mentioned. Keegan had his first meltdown not long ago but it was awful! He was speaking to Jake on the phone and when I got back on the phone with Jake, Keegan just broke down crying. He just couldn't stop either bless his heart. He kept saying that he wanted his daddy and that he couldn't handle this anymore. Naturally Jake heard all this through the phone and it was all he could do not to break down from hearing this. And of course all I wanted to do was hold my baby and cry with him but I couldn't do that to Jake or Keegan so I just tried my best to make him feel better. Then that night we talked a lot about it. He prayed for Jake to have a long life with him. So while I being with family is definately not a replacement for daddy, I think it will do him good to spend some time with them. Especially with uncles and grandpas. He needs that male presence and since daddy isn't here, I know he'll enjoy time with his uncle Isaac and his grandpas and of course grandmas also. And of course everyone will finally see Kenlee. Also, Rylee will be getting baptised in Utah and I am so happy for her. Since Jake can't be here, we decided to go ahead and let her do it in Utah around all her family and friends. She has been receiving missionary discussions and she is so excited. I'm very much looking forward to that day. My baby is almost 8 already. Where does it all go? Well, me time is over. Kenlee just woke up.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

My heart just broke to hear of Keegan getting so upset. I guess you just hope they are little and don't realize the time that is going by. I can't imagine the tough times you all have, but we pray for you all the time and can't wait to have a month long sleepover. Spring is coming!