Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Mmmm carrots!

So it has snowed pretty much everyday this week....yuck! I did get to talk to Jake today. That was the highlight of my day! He was tired but doing well. He's just such a cutie. He just knows the right things to say to brighten my day! (ok I'm not trying to be a poet here) I can't wait to see him again! Even though we are going home for the summer, I just hope these next few months fly by. In a way, I don't like saying that because I don't want Kenlee getting bigger. I just love her being little and sweet! But oh man, I just want that guy home!!
Ok speaking of Kenlee not growing up so fast...she ate a whole thing of carrots today. What a big girl! She did great! For her first time, I expected them to be spit out all over the place but no, she did great. She ate half at lunch and polished off the rest at dinner. The only thing is she tries to grab the spoon. She is totally in that "grabby" stage. Anything she can get and then it goes directly in the mouth.
On another note, I got some major organizing done today. I had a hall closet that needed a make over so I gutted it and now its all pretty and all my wrapping paper and craft stuff has a place. I had a big storage bin with a lot of Jake's clothes in there and I took that out and those will all be hung tomorrow (Kenlee started getting way too fussy so I didn't finish that part). Doesn't it just feel so nice when things are so organized and nice? I love it! Its deep cleaning week at my house. Yesterday I was on hands and knees scrubbing the kids bathroom from top to bottom. Its normally their job to clean it but its such a huge bathroom and well they are 7 and 5 so what can you really expect? So every so often you have to get in there and get to the things they miss. Now its cleaner than my bathroom! Oh well. I think I just might not ever be one of those people who always winds up the curling iron or blow dryer after using it and puts it all the way away. Well maybe when Kenlee starts crawling and walking. I'd hate to have her pull it down on her just because I'm too lazy to wind up the cord and put it under the sink. But when you have a youngin, you're lucky if you get a whole 5 minutes in the shower and so getting ready is always a rush job. Ok now I'm off to load the dishwasher before Friends comes on. Yes!! Like 3 years after it ended and I still watch the reruns every night at 10:30, so what of it! Ok good night or Gute Nacht!!!

No comments: